Industry Wide Initiatives
From diversity and inclusion to growing financial literacy in schools and cutting-edge research, the Financial Services Council and its members undertake a range of industry-wide initiatives aligned with its strategic vision to grow the financial confidence and wellbeing of New Zealanders.
- Research: Topical and insightful research giving industry insight into a variety of topics impacting the sector.
- Financial literacy in schools: The Why Does Money Matter competition
- Financial education for consumers: Money and You consumer content
- Diversity and Inclusion: #itstartswithaction industry-wide campaign
- Climate Change and sustainability: Working across the industry to tackle climate issues in financial services.
- Tax: Support the financial services community on taxation issues.
- Proactive policy and submissions: Work with members to develop proactive policy positions for the sector.
- Code, conduct and culture: Collaboration with Government, regulators and members through good conduct initiatives and regulatory change, such as the Conduct of Financial Institutions (CoFI) legislation, and changes in professional financial advice.
- FSC Code of Conduct: Designed to sit alongside and complement existing regulation and laws.