Getting advice on Personal Risk Insurance

Only a financial adviser that is regulated under the Financial Advisers Act can give financial advice on buying personal risk insurance.  A financial adviser must give you a professional level of advice.  A financial adviser must also give you a disclosure statement that will help you decide whether or not to use the adviser’s services.

Banks and insurance companies have financial advisers.  FSC insurance members.

The following financial adviser associations have member lists:
You can check on the Financial Service Providers Register at the Companies Office to see whether an adviser is registered and what products they can give advice on.  Some advisers that work for banks, insurance companies and adviser businesses, known as QFE Advisers, are not listed on the Register.  Advisers’ disclosure statements will make it clear if they are QFE advisers and the company they work for.

Click through to Insurance Calculator

About us

The Financial Services Council (FSC) represents investment and life insurance companies in New Zealand.

Read more >


Contact us

Ph: +64 09 985 5762


Level 33, ANZ Centre,
23-29 Albert Street, Auckland 1010