Complaints about insurance or advice

If you have a complaint about your insurance policy or any advice you receive on buying personal risk insurance, first take your complaint to the insurance company, bank or financial adviser that provided the policy or advice.

Insurance companies, banks and financial advisers are required by the Financial Service Providers (Registration and Dispute Resolution) Act to belong to a dispute resolution scheme.  If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you can take your complaint to the dispute resolution scheme.

There are a number of dispute resolution schemes and the company or adviser will tell you which scheme they belong to.

The dispute resolution schemes are:

About us

The Financial Services Council (FSC) represents investment and life insurance companies in New Zealand.

Read more >


Contact us

Ph: +64 09 985 5762


Level 33, ANZ Centre,
23-29 Albert Street, Auckland 1010