If you have a complaint about your insurance policy or any advice you receive, first take your complaint to the insurance company, bank or financial adviser that provided the policy or advice. You can find details about our members and links to their websites here.

Insurance companies, banks and financial advisers are required by the Financial Service Providers (Registration and Dispute Resolution) Act to belong to a dispute resolution scheme. If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you can take your complaint to the dispute resolution scheme.

There are a number of dispute resolution schemes and the company or adviser will tell you which scheme they belong to.

The dispute resolution schemes are:

About Us

The Financial Services Council is a non-profit member organisation and the voice of the financial services sector in New Zealand. Learn more

Contact Us

+64 (09) 802 1532
[email protected]
Level 17, Commercial Bay Tower
11-19 Customs Street West
Auckland 1010
New Zealand